Friday 7 August 2009

Structure

How structured are you in your approach to business? Do you routinely work through a list of review points to make sure that the basics are being kept on track? Most of us would answer yes to these questions - because we believe that we are structured and disciplined.

Ask yourself the following questions:

  • What is my current cash position?
  • What is my cash-flow forecast for the next 3 months?
  • What was my sales performance in the past month?
  • What is my sales forecast for the next 3 months?
  • How well did my business perform in meeting its customer promises last month?

If you can easily answer these (and similar) questions with information you have in your head or have readily to hand, then you may have some justification in claiming to have a structured approach to your business. If you cannot answer at least four from five easily, you may be in danger of losing control of the key metrics in your business.

If all this is just too much to worry about, then engaging a business performance manager for one day per month could be a sound investment.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Paul, long time no seeing, nice to see you in the "blogosphere":-) If you ever need a crashcourse in Swedish, you could read my energyblog on http://mafrmalmo.blogspot.com

    To the questions above; I probably need a business performance manager, so I could focus even more on sales, and reaching this years budget:-)
    Have a great day
    Best regards
    Mattias

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mattias,
    Pleased to learn that you are keeping busy as usual. Good luck with reaching your budget. If I can be of help, you know where I am.

    All the best, Paul

    ReplyDelete