Tuesday 16 June 2009

Authority

At a local Chamber of Commerce meeting recently, a solicitor was making an excellent point. The thing that really struck me was the measured and carefully paced presentation. He made sure that we all regarded him as The Authority on that topic. It made me think about my own presentation style and the way my confidence and authority affect the people I am dealing with.

Who would you rather deal with if you were choosing an "expert":
  • The person who mumbles and fails to make eye-contact whilst they are speaking?
  • The confident individual who answers your questions succinctly and without ambiguity?

Do you make sure that your style of speaking to prospects fills them with confidence?

A warning: Do not ever over-sell or misrepresent yourself - that is the path to poor reputation and unhappiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment